To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Animal cruelty cases up by a third says charity RSPCA

Figures released by the RSPCA show that the number of convictions for animal neglect and cruelty rose by over a third last year.

These dogs found homes after being rescued by the RSPCA.
These dogs found homes after being rescued by the RSPCA.

RSPCA inspectors investigated more than 150,000 suspected cruelty cases in 2012 and they say more animals than ever before are in need of help.
Rescue cases included rabbits, guinea pigs, ponies, dogs, cats and chickens saved from a flooded barn.
The charity says more needs to be done to protect animals.
RSPCA chief executive Gavin Grant said.
"Our inspectors investigated 150,833 suspected cruelty cases and issued 78,090 advice notices last year - these are extremely effective in improving the care of animals."
"However if there is evidence of a crime and serious animal abuse then we will take legal action to protect the animals and prevent further abuse."
"We also want to see judges taking these offences far more seriously."
From CBBC

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi


No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results