To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Charley the sea turtle rescued after swallowing plastic

Unfortunately this is a very commom problem for sea turtles and once more it happened because men are careless in what the environment is concerned and drop plastic items into the sea. Sea turtles these items are food and eat them

Sea turtle

Charley the sea turtle, who was found injured by a fisherman in Florida, has been saved.
The young loggerhead sea turtle, who is only a one-year-old, had swallowed plastic rubbish which had blocked her digestive system.
Sea creatures, like Charley, can of often confuse plastic for food which can be really dangerous for them.
The turtle was treated at a rescue centre and has now been safely returned to the sea.
From CBBC News
This young turtle was really lucky! How many of them die because there's no one is around to help?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results