To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Surf's up... and its full of rubbish!

Shocking picture shows Indonesia's most famous surfer gliding through trash-filled wave

It is one of the world's most photogenic sports, often taking place in exotic locations. 
But, as this worrying picture shows, surfing is not always that glamorous. 
The picture was taken off the coast of Java in Indonesia and shows the country's most famous surfer Dede Suryana gliding through an enormous trash-filled wave.

Trash: The picture was taken off the coast of Java in Indonesia and shows Indonesia's most famous surfer Dede Suryana surfing through an enormous rubbish-filled wave

Trash: The picture was taken off the coast of Java in Indonesia and shows Indonesia's most famous surfer Dede Suryana surfing through an enormous rubbish-filled wave
The 28-year-old looks poised and balanced as bits of debris and trash roll over the top of him.
The incredible picture was captured by surf photographer Zak Noyle who searches the world looking for the perfect surfing pictures.
He said: 'The trash suddenly showed up while we were out in the water in a large mass, including tree trunks the size of cars, lots of food wrappers and bottles as well, we even saw soccer balls floating amongst the debris.
'I kept on thinking I would be seeing a body of some type of animal or something float by.'
Mess: Despite its natural beauty, Indonesia is well known for its rubbish filled water. This shows a huge trash slick off of the coast of Java
Despite its natural beauty, Indonesia is well known for its rubbish-filled water.
As reported by National Geographic, the Citarum River has so much garbage floating in it that you cannot see the water, making it impossible to fish in.
Marine wildlife - such as fish and turtles - often get into difficulty because they mistake plastic bags for food. This also creates prfoblems for humans as the fish which are captured by fishermen often contain high levels of chemical toxins .
These harmful toxins are then absorbed by people who eat the fish.

Grim: These men pick through garbage in Indonesia's Ciliwung River
These men pick through garbage in Indonesia's Ciliwung River

Mess: Dede Suryana has previously spoken about pollution in the ocean's surrounding Indonesia


Mr Suryana has previously spoken about Indonesia's problems with litter in water.
Speaking to the Jakarta Post, the dedicated environmentalist  said: 'I have seen how nice and clean it is in New Zealand and Australia and when I came back to Indonesia I was shocked. A dirty environment not only looks awful, but if it’s dirty people can get sick.
'When I go on a boat trip for surfing, I like to trawl for fish, and now I see so much rubbish in the sea.'


No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results