To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Trying to be green in the desert

Cities in desert locations - such as Dubai, Doha, Abu Dhabi and Kuwait - take a bigger toll on the environment than those elsewhere.
The air conditioning alone requires a huge amount of power - but that has not stopped some people trying to be environmentally friendly.
Desley Humphrey visited The Change Initiative - a company that has won awards for being green.
From BBC Sci/ Environment
This video shows an example of how people can be environment friendly even in places where nothing is easy, what echology is concerned, because of the extremely high temperatures and the lack of materials as most of these places are located in desert areas.
Watch the video and find out how human capacity, willingness and preseverance may be used to protect the environment and can creat sustainable buildings.

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous5/23/2015

    I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding
    more. Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this information for my mission.

    Here is my web page: free music downloads (freemusicdownloadsb.com)

    ReplyDelete

Wikipedia

Search results