To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dolphin slaughter: Taiji cove hunt begins in Japan

Although it seems this is not an illegal procedure in Japan, we can feel it is unfair for these poor animals the way they die. The truth is that tradition, honour and survival cannot be an excuse to certain actions towards helpless, intelligent, nice and sociable animals like dolphins.

The British and American ambassadors to Japan have joined a chorus of international criticism at fishermen there who hunt and slaughter dolphins.
The annual killing takes place at a coastal town in the south of the country where the mammals are driven into a pen and then killed for their meat using metal poles.
Environmentalists claim the practice is cruel and dolphins can take up to 30 minutes to die by suffocation or drowning.
Rupert Wingfield Hayes says dolphins are being dragged up onto the beach and slaughtered.

From BBC news



No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results