To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 04, 2014

Suffolk Wildlife Trust, plans biggest 'bug hotel'

Work has begun on what is hoped will be the world's biggest bee and 'bug hotel'.

Jason Alexander, bug houses, and Foxburrow Farm
Jason Alexander is building 'Bug City' at Suffolk Wildlife Trust's Foxburrow Farm reserve in England

Bug expert Jason Alexander is working with Suffolk Wildlife Trust to build 'Bug City', a habitat designed for insects.
He is asking children to help build parts of the structure, which will be kept at the trust's Foxburrow Farm site, near Woodbridge
Cubs in Framlingham
Cubs in Framlingham helped Jason Alexander build the first level
"It will be a safe place for insects and other animals to sleep, breed and hibernate," Jason said.
The bug hotel is being created using logs, bamboo canes, pine cones and "anything else which you may find in your garden".
Part of the bug hotel
The aim is to use recyclable materials where possible
Individual sections created by the volunteers will be joined together to create the hotel, which Jason hopes will be about 3ft (1m) high and more than 45ft (14m) long.

Biggest bee house

Guinness World Records says the largest bee house, made from bamboo, is in London and measures 42ft (13m).
Suffolk Wildlife Trust said a recently published study found about 46% of European bumblebee species were in decline, with 24% at risk of extinction.
Kerry Stranix, from the trust, said: "This project will raise awareness of the vital role played by invertebrates in our ecosystem, from pollinators to sources of food for many other species."
Work on Bug City is due to continue until February
From CBBC Newsround.

1 comment :

  1. Anonymous1/27/2015

    I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he
    should also pay a visit this web site on regular basis to obtain updated from latest news update.


    Feel free to visit my website; bathroom renovation ideas -
    -

    ReplyDelete

Wikipedia

Search results