To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Flammable foam hits the streets of Bangalore-India

Absolutely unbelivable!

An invasion of toxic waste has floated on to the streets of Bangalore and while it looks like fresh snow there is nothing pleasant about this fluffy white cloud.
Toxic foam from the Indian city's giant Bellandur Lake was made after pollution in the lake was disrupted by rain showers.
Bellandur is highly polluted by a consistent flow of raw sewage and chemical waste which builds up and lays underneath the surface of its water.



The foam comes from the vast and highly polluted Bellandur Lake.

  • It is caused by ammonia, phosphate and low dissolved oxygen in the water
  • The white mixture has also been known to catch fire due to the grease in it
  • Bangalore residents have started up a Facebook page to save the lake

  • From MailOnline ( Daily Mail)


  • No comments :

    Post a Comment

    Wikipedia

    Search results