To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 07, 2013

Deer cull wanted by scientists

It's a real shame! So beautiful, so majestic!

A deer
Around half of the UK's growing deer population needs to be killed to 'protect the countryside', a group of scientists says.

The researchers from the University of East Anglia say cull would help protect woodlands and birdlife.
But the RSPCA argue that any cull must be carried out in a humane and controlled way and be supported by "strong science".
There are now more deer in the UK than at any time since the last Ice Age.
There are no natural predators for the UK's deer population meaning numbers are rising.
Researchers say this has led to crop damage and an increase in road traffic accidents.
Britain has a total of six deer species, the most recent newcomer is the Chinese water deer, which became established in the wild in the 1920s.
From CBBC News-Animals
Click for less

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results