To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Friday, May 03, 2013

RSPB says marine spill is 'one of the worst in decades'

Almost 3,000 seabirds have now been affected by a chemical spill off the south coast of England earlier this year.

Bird being washed
The RSPB say the spill of a chemical known as PIB (polyisobutene) is 'one of the worst UK marine pollution incidents in decades'.
PIB is used in ships' engines to help them run more efficiently and it's currently legal to dump it in the water under certain conditions.
But the chemical sticks to birds feathers and makes it hard for them to feed and fly.
New figures released by the charity show almost 2,500 birds have died and at least 500 have been rescued since February.
Animal welfare groups are now calling for the dumping of PIB at sea to be banned.
From CBBC News


No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results