To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

David Attenborough receives '32nd' honorary degree

Sir David Attenborough
Wildlife expert Sir David Attenborough has been given an honorary degree from Queen's University in Belfast, adding to the huge list he already has.
You don't study for honorary degrees, but they're awarded by universities to recognise the work people have done.
Sir David, 87, was given this one for his services to science and broadcasting.
It's reported that it's actually the natural history film-maker's 32nd honorary degree!
But he's staying modest and when asked about how many he had he cleverly avoided answering.
He just smiled and said "it was rude to count."
The TV legend, 87, who had emergency heart surgery last month, received the tribute at Queen’s University, Belfast, for his services to science and broadcasting.
Sir David, famous for programmes such as A Life On Earth and The Living Planet, said: “My work has been devoted to documenting the natural world, and to explaining its importance to humanity and its vulnerability. I am greatly honoured that Queen’s University should have endorsed that message.”

Awards


From Wikipedia

8 comments :

  1. Anonymous7/03/2013

    I just want to say how happy I am, to read this article. He really deserves another award! He's a great man who has done so much for wildlife conservation and protection! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! Congratulations, Sir David Attenborough!You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/03/2013

    I love his documentaries! love the way he speaks and explains all those things about nature. I know his favourite animals are reptiles. That's not so good because I'm not really fond of reptiles but he is an icon when speaking of wildlife and I hope he'll go on making documentaries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/03/2013

    Great post! keep on the good work!
    Thanks for sharing. I love your blog. It has very informative articles and very interesting news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7/03/2013

    Congratulations Sir! I love your documentaries. I love nature, especially animals no mattern their size or origin. Hope you recover from the operation and be able to return to your excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you! He's an great man. I think he should live forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7/03/2013

    He'll live! At least in our hearts, memory and, of course on TV. I'm sure his programmes will be broadcasted until eternity!

    ReplyDelete

Wikipedia

Search results