To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Drones being tested to protect rhinos

Rhinos in Kenya could soon be protected by remote controlled helicopters kitted out with the latest gadgets.

Rhinos

A team of US engineers from Airware travelled to Kenya to test their drones in East Africa's largest black rhino sanctuary, Ol Pejeta.
Their remote controlled drones can fly anywhere in the park, sending live video back to base.
The drones also have a heat detecting camera which makes animals and poachers easy to spot.
It's zhoped devices like this will help park rangers keep a close eye on their animals, and deter poachers from hunting in the park.
Airware boss Jonathan Downey said: "We still have more development to do but we're extremely encouraged and quite proud to be pioneering drones that can preserve some of our planet's most threatened species."

CBBC newsround

Over the two-week test, Airware used three different drones: two fixed-wing aircraft and one flexible wing. "They were designed to operate completely autonomously, well out of the line of sight of the pilot," says Airware founder and CEO Jonathan Downey. Before the drones, park rangers had been using jeeps and small aircraft to patrol for poachers and check up on the animals. "Using drones allows them to spend a lot more time in the air, seeing a lot more detail, and for far cheaper than using traditional aircraft or jeeps," says the founder.





1 comment :

  1. Anonymous5/22/2015

    Hello, Neat post. There's a problem along with your site in web explorer, could test this?
    IE still is the marketplace chief and a big component to other folks will pass over
    your excellent writing because of this problem.

    my site: dating online (http://bestdatingsitesnow.com)

    ReplyDelete

Wikipedia

Search results