To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Koala survives 55-mile journey clinging underneath a car

Meet Timberwolf, the little koala who survived a dangerous journey clinging to the underneath of a car.

Koala

The four-year-old marsupial hung on for 55 miles of motorway after being hit by the vehicle in Queensland, Australia.
But miraculously, after being discovered at a service station, the koala was taken to an animal hospital with nothing more than a torn nail.
Claude Lacasse, a vet at Australia Zoo said: "It is a truly remarkable story, he is a very lucky koala."
Koala
Timberwolf is recovering at the Australia Zoo wildlife hospital
"It is absolutely amazing that he has such minor injuries and he survived," said Claude.
Koalas are now listed as vulnerable in Australia, where it's thought only 43,000 remain in the wild.
Timberwolf, named after a football team by staff at the animal hospital, has been given pain killers for the torn nail and is recovering in a tree at the zoo.
Vets are now trying to work out exactly where his journey began, so they can return him to the wild.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous7/29/2014

    I'm excited to uncover this great site. I want to to thank you for your time for this
    particularly wonderful read!! I definitely liked every bit
    of it and I have you saved as a favorite to look at
    new stuff on your blog.

    My site: cheap web hosting and domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/04/2014

    Hi there, just wanted to say, I loved this post. It was helpful.
    Keep on posting!

    Take a look at my web blkg - ranch home design remodel, www.purevolume.com,

    ReplyDelete

Wikipedia

Search results