To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2015

Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates tusk for anti-poaching campaign

California senator and actor explodes tusk in video to draw attention to illegal wildlife trade that kills tens of thousands of elephants each year




The all-action movie star and former California senator Arnold Schwarzeneggerhas lent his weight to a campaign against ivory poaching by blowing up an elephant tusk on camera.
The Wildlife Conservation Society’s ‘96 elephants campaign’ aims to draw attention to the daily death toll of the majestic animals.
In the video, a T-shirt wearing Schwarzenegger says: “Hey, stop killing 96 elephants every day just because of this ivory. Lets get rid of the demand once and for all.” He then presses a detonator, exploding a tusk.
More than 42 tonnes of illegal ivory have been destroyed so far this year in China, the Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Thailand, United Arab Emirates, and the US.
But the WCS fears that a House interior appropriations bill could roll back current US regulations and thwart efforts by the Fish and Wildlife Service to curtail the illegal trade.

John Calvelli, the WCS’s campaign director said: “We are extremely grateful Arnold Schwarzenegger has joined the 96 Elephants campaign, and we are hopeful that his global following of fans will become allies to stop the killing, stop the trafficking and stop the demand of ivory.”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results