To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 07, 2016

Massive 'El Nino wave' overturns car in Chile

High waves pounded Chile's coastline from Arica to Los Lagos on January 25. Photo: REUTERS/Rodrigo Garrido
A Chilean government vehicle driving by the coast has been flipped over by a huge wave, and its driver dramatically rescued.
Waves up to 16ft (5m) struck Vina del Mar on 24 January after powerful El Nino storms.
People been warned to stay away from beaches, particularly when the high tide comes in. (BBC News)


Bystanders recorded the waves, reaching up to 5m in height, coming to close for comfort after the powerful storm rocked the coast in Vina del Mar city in Chile on January 25.

The passengers miraculously escaped as passersby come to their rescue, The Telegraph reported, also adding these waves were the biggest in the region since 2003.

Local media said sightseers were warned of the potential danger these waves can cause.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results