To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Monday, April 08, 2013

Baby orangutans rescued by wheelbarrow in Borneo

Ourangutans
Thirty baby ourangutans have been saved from appalling conditions and moved to a new home in Borneo.
The charity International Animal Rescue found the apes living in shacks after the forest where they lived was destroyed and their parents killed by hunters.
Now the creatures have been moved to a big new rescue centre in West Kalimantan. But the babies didn't travel by ordinary means - the easiest way to move them was by wheelbarrow!
Ourangutans are one of the world's most endangered species - it's thought that there are fewer than 50,000 left in the world today.
It's not just loss of their habitat that threatens their existence: hunting and the illegal trade of them as exotic pets are seen as major factors as well.

From CBBC News

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results