To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Dozens killed in Tianjin port blasts

Tianjin: a beautiful modern city, tending to be an eco city

Tianjin from Nanjing Road
 (Heping Kongzhuyuan park in foreground) - TianjinTianjin Skyline 2009 Sep 11
 by Nangua 1 - Tianjin


China explosion: 'I woke in a panic and the sky was red'



Massive explosions have hit China's northern city of Tianjin, killing at least 50 and injuring 500 people.
According to Chinese state media, the blasts occurred when a shipment of explosives blew up in the port city at about 23:30 (16:30 GMT).
An eyewitness has described the moment a huge explosion hit a major port and industrial area in China's northern city of Tianjin.
Monica Andrews says she woke up in a panic and initially thought it was an earthquake.
Her friend Cara Carnello caught the explosion on her mobile phone, it shows a huge fireball and a billowing cloud of smoke.
Footage filmed by a drone shows the devastation caused by the explosions at a warehouse in Tianjin in northern China.
At least 50 people have died and over 500 were injured after two major explosions.
The blast happened in a warehouse storing "dangerous and chemical goods" in the port area.
From BBC News


Drone footage shows Tianjin blast site



No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results