To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Good news!A parrot, feared extinct, is found in Australia

So Cuuute!



The mysterious night parrot is one of the world's rarest species.

Night parrot
Now researchers have finally managed to capture and tag one of the birds, as part of a project to protect the species.
It had been thought the species was extinct for at least 100 years since if had been so difficult to find.
Although some people have said that they have seen the bird, no-one has been able to take good quality photos to prove that they really had seen a night parrot.
Steve Murphy holding night parrot
Steve Murphy finally captured the parrot after 18 months of searching.
Now, researchers have taken photos, and feather samples that prove the species is still alive.
The parrot was fitted with a tracker, so that researchers can now continue to learn more about it.
They have found that it stays in the same nesting site, but travels up to eight kilometres each night to find food.
Night parrot
Night parrots are nocturnal - they only come out at night.
It's not clear how many night parrots there are yet.
But researchers say that they will keep the location a secret for as long as they can, to try to protect the parrot from being disturbed.
from CBBC Newsround

1 comment :

  1. Dear Steve and Mike, Im so happy that its you guys looking after the Night Parrot, but i'm not happy that AWC is involved. Keep up the good work.
    Keith (IGGIE) Hindley www.twitcherscorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Wikipedia

Search results