To my dear visitors and commenters

Hi, everybody! I've noticed with lots of joy and happiness, that thousands of comments have been written in my posts. It's wonderful that so may people around the world appreciate my work. Therefore, I want to thank you for that and ,at the same time I want to ask you to be this blog's followers. It's fast and easy! Make it be even more visited and spread all over the world! I'm a woman, a teacher of English in Portugal, and I've been away for quite a long time because of my father's health. Unfortunately he died from Covid19 a few months ago. Now I felt it was time to restart my activity in this and other blogs I owe. I've recently created a new one in a partnership with a street photographer, Mr. Daniel Antunes. He's fabulous! https://pandpbydandd.blogspot.com I'd like you to visit it and, who knows, become our followers. The poems, chronicles and thoughts are all mine. Thank you so much! Kisses :-)

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Eighty-six elephants killed in Chad


Poachers in Chad in Africa have killed 86 elephants in less than a week.

Elephants

The tusks were removed from the animals in order to be sold, because of the high prices that ivory can fetch.
It is the worst killing spree of elephants for a year - in early 2012 up to 650 elephants were killed in the neighbouring country of Cameroon.
The animal charity, International Fund for Animal Welfare, says people from across the globe need to take action to stop the ivory trade.
From CBBC News


No comments :

Post a Comment

Wikipedia

Search results